Sunday, September 11, 2005

Birthday Restaurants

Okay, the search is on for a great restaurant for a festive group. Now, my crowd isn't dancing-on-the-tables type festive, but we probably shouldn't take a group of 8 - 25 to a hushed-voices-and-romantic-couples-gazing-at-each-other-all-googly-eyed type restaurant. We're relatively quiet though, and I'm looking for something relaxed, yet still feeling like a nice special night out (don't tell me to go to Denny's so I can get my meal for free). Here's the wrench to throw in to the works - my birthday falls on a Monday! I'm also looking for something not terribly pricey (or at least allows the option of not spending too much). I thought that Yuji's on 4th Ave. would be perfect, but they're closed on Mondays, and I'd still really like to have this dinner on my actual birthday. I mean, I still have to eat on that day. So please comment away with your suggestions. Another thought was Chambar, as I have yet to try it, and reports of the food have all been positive. Another thought was Parkside, as I would love to introduce this restaurant to people who don't already know it. Mistral is also a new one to try. I enjoyed L'Emotion in West Vancouver immensely the one time I went, so I expect good things from this new one on Broadway from Minna and Yves Bennoit.

3 comments:

LotusRapper said...

I too think of potential for larger parties when I'm at restaurants. These are some that come to mind:

The Alibi Room
La Regalade
Tapastree
The Main
Kingston Tap & Grill
Lucy Mae Brown

Dumpling-girl said...

Thanks, Ken! Your picks are particularly helpful since of your list, I've only been to the Tapastree and The Main.

Dumpling-girl said...

One more idea: Nu. Very new. Check out the slick website for some beautiful food pics. http://www.whatisnu.com/