Sunday, April 03, 2005

Bad Foodie News

Since Eat! Vancouver is coming up Apr 22 -24 at BC Place, I thought I would see when Taste of the Nation is scheduled for this year, and I just found out that it's not happening! "The 15th Annual Taste of the Nation will not be occurring in Vancouver, 2005, due to lack of appropriate venue availability." I've been to the last 3 years of this event, at the Hyatt, where restaurants, and wineries and beverage companies donate their time and materials, setting up booths, so that foodies can graze all evening long. The restaurants really put together fabulous hors d'oeuvres, and 100% of the ticket sales go to hunger-fighting charities such as the Food Bank, A Loving Spoonful, and hot lunch programs for school kids. I think it is my all-time favourite Vancouver annual event. Hopefully it will come back in 2006. Looking on the bright side, perhaps this is a good excuse for a road trip to the Seattle or Calgary Taste of the Nation events.

No comments: